We Offer the Following Services
In addition to our many educational and recreational programs, we offer a variety of services to provide assistance to older adults in their homes and at the Senior Center.
Services Provided by Staff
- Consultation (includes home care & housing) – Information about resources and services for older adults and their families in Sudbury. Free consultation by appointment.
Medical Loan Closet Gently used durable medical equipment is available for loan at no cost. Inventory changes daily. Available by appointment only: email Janet at [email protected] or 978-639-3223.
Services Provided by Professionals
- Legal Clinic – Free 20- minute phone consultation by appointment. Registration required.
- SHINE / Medicare Help (Serving the Health Information Needs of Everyone on Medicare): Free consultation on Medicare Health Insurance by appointment.
- Audiology – A Hearing Clinic is held on the 2nd Friday of the month. Free wax and hearing screening. Registration required.
Services Provided by Volunteers
All volunteer services require the completion of a liability waiver by the participant
- In-home Fix-it – Small home repairs and maintenance (currently its outdoor home repair only)
- Friendly Visitor – weekly visit lasting 1-2 hours to a matched senior (currently outdoor visits or phone calls only)
- Phone Buddy – weekly phone call lasting 15-30 mins
- Sand Bucket – bucket(s) of sand delivered to senior home
- Grocery Shopper– weekly food shopping for a matched senior (senior does not accompany volunteer)
- Goodnow-to-Go – delivery & pick-up of library materials to a matched Sudbury resident unable to get to the library
- Meals on Wheels – delivery of hot mid-day meal to older residents who are unable to leave home. $3 suggested donation. Registration through Springwell at 508-573-7200.
- Technology Help – technical assistance with iPad, laptops, and cell phones.
- Tax Work-off Program (tax work off program, tax relief, & tax return assistance)
For information about any of these services, contact the Sudbury Senior Center at 978-443-3055 or [email protected] (unless otherwise indicated).