We Offer the Following Services
In addition to our many educational and recreational programs, we offer a variety of services to provide assistance to older adults in their homes and at the Senior Center.
Services Provided by Staff
- Consultation (includes home care & housing) – Information about resources and services for older adults and their families in Sudbury. Free consultation by appointment.
- Medical Loan Closet Gently used durable medical equipment is available for loan at no cost Inventory changes daily. Available by appointment only: email Janet at [email protected] or 978-639-3223.
Services Provided by Professionals
- Legal Clinic – Free 20- minute phone consultation by appointment. Registration required.
- SHINE / Medicare Help (Serving the Health Information Needs of Everyone on Medicare): Free consultation on Medicare Health Insurance by appointment.
- Audiology – A Hearing Clinic is held on the 2nd Friday of the month. Free wax and hearing screening. Registration required.
Services Provided by Volunteers
All volunteer services require the completion of a liability waiver by the participant
- In-home Fix-it – Small home repairs and maintenance (Currently Outdoor Home Repairs Only)
- Friendly Visitor – weekly visit lasting 1-2 hours to a matched senior (currently outdoor visits or phone calls only)
- Phone Buddy – weekly phone call lasting 15-30 mins
- Sand Bucket – bucket(s) of sand delivered to senior home
- Grocery Shopper– weekly food shopping for a matched senior (senior does not accompany volunteer)
- Goodnow-to-Go – delivery & pick-up of library materials to a matched Sudbury resident unable to get to the library
- Meals on Wheels – delivery of hot mid-day meal to older residents who are unable to leave home. $3 suggested donation. Registration through BayPath Elder Services: 508-573-7200.
- Technology Help – technical assistance with iPad, laptops, and cell phones.
- Tax Work-off Program (tax work off program, tax relief, & tax return assistance)
For information about any of these services, contact the Sudbury Senior Center at 978-443-3055 or [email protected] (unless otherwise indicated).