COVID & Medicare
Did you know?
• Coronavirus testing is covered by Medicare.
• Telehealth services are covered by Medicare.
• Enrollment in Medicare may be able to be done online, by phone or mail.
• SHINE counselors are available remotely to help with these and many other Medicare-related questions.
Trained SHINE (Serving Health Insurance Needs of Everyone on Medicare) volunteers offer free, confidential counseling on Medicare options. To schedule a SHINE phone appointment, call Ana Cristina Oliveira, Sudbury Senior Center Outreach Information Specialist at 978-639-3268 or email her at [email protected] She will contact you for further information and schedule a phone appointment with one of our trained, volunteer SHINE Counselors.
For other SHINE related matters, call 1-800-243-4636, then press or say 4. Once you get the SHINE answering machine, leave your name, town, and number. A volunteer will call you back, as soon as possible.
COVID & Disabilities
The CDC released resources about COVID-19 for people who are hard-of-hearing, deaf or have intellectual and developmental disabilities. These are resources that are available:
- Do you know people who are deaf or hard of hearing? Point them to our videos about COVID-19 in American Sign Language
- For those with intellectual and developmental disabilities as well as others who prefer simplified information, here are some easy to Read COVID-19 Materials available