Senior Center Volunteer Opportunities
Are you looking for ways to give back to your community?
Would you like to make a difference in someone else’s life?
Volunteer Opportunities and Roles Abound
The Senior Center has many volunteer opportunities, including:
- FISH driver – Friends in Service Helping – providing transportation to medical and dental appointmen
- In-Home Fix-it – making small home repairs and providing maintenance
- Friendly Visitor – a weekly visit lasting 1-2 hours to a matched senior
- Phone Buddy – a weekly phone call lasting 15-30 mins to a matched senior
- Sand Bucket – delivering bucket(s) of sand to a senior for use by the homeowner during the winter months
- Leader/Moderator of class/program/discussion/presentation – helping to present/moderate
- Newsletter Collator – affixing address labels to our newsletter to prepare it for mailing
- Special Events Helper – help with set-up, serving and/or clean-up for events held at the Senior Center
- Grocery Shopper – doing weekly food shopping for a matched senior
- Goodnow-to-Go – delivery & pick-up of library materials to a matched Sudbury resident unable to get to the library
- Meals on Wheels Kitchen Help – helping to set up trays of prepared food for Meals on Wheels program
- Meals on Wheels Driver – delivery of hot mid-day meal to seniors.
- Trip Coordinator – coordinates trips of seniors
- Technology Help – provide tech assistance to seniors with ipads, laptops, and cell phones to learn to use Zoom, apps
- Special Projects – one-of-a-kind or on-going projects, i.e. Interviewer of residents, photographer for our newsletter
If interested in becoming a Senior Center volunteer, please contact Janet Lipkin at 978-639-3223; [email protected]
All volunteers must sign a Volunteer Liability Waiver
Pat Howard – Volunteer