In order for the Sudbury Senior Center to continue to offer both Day and Extended trips, the following guidelines have been established.
- Trips are open to all adults. Travelers requiring special assistance must bring a companion.
- Sign up early to avoid disappointment. Trips do fill up before the final date. Check the newsletter for sign-up dates.
- Special needs (such as seating or food) should be made known to us ahead of time. People traveling together should alert us so we can seat them together, especially if a theatre ticket is involved.
- Day trips must be paid in full to “ Friends of Sudbury Senior ” as indicated on flyer at time of booking. No reservations are accepted without payment.
- One day trips require a minimum of 38 participants unless we partner with another group. All payments will be returned for trips cancelled by us or the tour company for lack of participants or weather.
- Once a trip is sold out, you may place your name on our wait list. You will not be asked to pay until space becomes available. When space does become available, you must pay ASAP or the space will be offered to the next person on the list.
- Day Trip Refunds. When a theatre ticket is involved in a day trip, it is non-refund-able unless we can resell it. Refunds are usually at the discretion of our partnering trip company. In any case, they cannot be refunded within one week of the trip departure. Call us for information about the policy for any specific trip. A “no show” on the day of a trip is non-refundable.
- Multi-day trips require a deposit at time of booking. Final payment dates are listed on the trip flyer. Insurance for the trip is highly recommended.
- Trips will leave at the time posted. Please be at the Sudbury Senior Center at least fifteen minutes prior to departure time. Our companies and vendors have events timed and require us to be prompt. Trip costs cannot be refunded if you simply “miss the bus”.
- We require the following information from all our one-day and multi-day trip participants:
- Your name, address, home and cell phone numbers and email address;
- trip name (on the check);
- emergency contact name, relationship, and telephone numbers;
- AND menu choice (forms are at the desk, or on the trip flyer).
NOTES: Please observe our final dates for signups and payment. This helps to insure good seating at our trip sites. Trips may sell out before that date, and in most cases only one bus will be booked. Trips may be added or cancelled during the course of the year at the discretion of the Trip Coordinators or Senior Center. Trips and departure times are subject to change due to unforeseen circumstances. In case of extreme weather please call the trip hotline at 978-639-3277 to see if the trip has been cancelled or postponed. Parking is available only in the rear two rows of the Senior Center lot. Overflow parking is across the street in the new parking area at Haskell field. The motor coach will drop you off there at the end of our trip. We are not responsible for parked cars. Please do not park in the School Department spaces.
Handicap parking (multi-day trips)
Please do not park in the designated handicap parking spots if you will be going on a multiday trip, even if you have a handicap plate. If you need assistance, please let us know. Then drive to the door, and we will arrange to have someone meet you and we will park your car in the designated trip spaces for you.