Click the link below to read all about our current heat wave.
Did you know that extreme heat is a period of high heat and humidity with temperatures above 90 degrees for at least two to three days? Click the link below to learn, how to prepare for heat , how to be safe during a heat wave and heat-related illnesses
- Never leave children or pets alone in a closed vehicle. Even with the windows cracked open, interior temperatures can rise almost 20°F within 10 minutes.
- Stay hydrated
- Check with your local officials to find locations of cooling centers near you.
- Know the symptoms of and watch out for heat-related illnesses like heat cramps, heat exhaustion, and heat stroke.
- Call 9-1-1 to report emergencies.
- Be a good neighbor. Check on family, friends, and neighbors, especially the elderly, those who live alone, those with medical conditions, those who may need additional assistance, and those who may not have air conditioning.